Welcome to the Sixth Form
We are delighted that you are interested in our Sixth Form. Welcome to our information pages. The Sixth Form at Richard Hale School is a highly successful co-educational community of over 300 students that will allow you to build on your previous education in preparation for the next step in your life, whether this is university, an apprenticeship or employment. We are proud that 90% of our students who apply to university achieve their aim to study at their first choice of institution. More and more students are choosing alternative post-18 routes and you can read more about their fantastic achievements under the Destinations tab. Every year around 80% of our Year 11 students remain at Richard Hale for their post-16 studies. We welcome applications from students who have completed their GCSEs at a wide range of schools, mainly across Hertfordshire and north London. Our Sixth Form has a vibrant and friendly atmosphere, buzzing with energy – we share and support your aspirations. Students are encouraged to participate in opportunities to develop as individuals, academically and socially. Our academic framework offers a degree of freedom of choice, alongside increased responsibility to further develop as an independent learner. A Richard Hale Sixth-Former has access to:
- A wide choice of post-16 subjects, including A Levels, BTECs and the EPQ, catering for a range of ability and interests
- Equality of opportunity, irrespective of gender and where you took your GCSEs
- Experienced specialist teachers to help you succeed at the highest level and achieve your aspirations
- A high level of support and guidance from an established pastoral team, headed up by our Heads of Year and post-16 dedicated Welfare and Support Officer
- A rigorous system of monitoring, allowing you and your parents/carers access to achievement and performance data at any time
- A Sixth Form Centre with seminar and teaching rooms and indoor and outdoor private study areas where you will be supported in your independent learning by our Sixth Form Study Support Officers
- A comprehensive careers programme, including specialist support for university, apprenticeship and employment applications
- Dedicated support for applicants to Oxbridge, medical or veterinary science courses
- Opportunities to enjoy a wide range of activities, including extra-curricular sport, music and drama, and to develop leadership skills through Sports Leaders, the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, the House System and to support younger students in a range of subjects and situations
- A school that recognises your needs and provides an environment where your voice is heard and valued.
We sincerely hope that you will join us to undertake your post-16 studies. We are proud of all that our Sixth Form students achieve and how they conduct themselves both at school and in the wider community. Our school values apply in the sixth form, just as they do in the lower school. We expect all sixth form students to:
We challenge all of our students to move out of their comfort zone so that, on completion of their post-16 studies, they will have developed a wide ranging skill-set that is vital for success in the modern world. We welcome students who are committed to achieving their personal best, those whose approach and motivation allows them to use their time well. Richard Hale is immensely proud of the traditions and values that are an integral part of the whole school. An example of this is that you will join the same House as any members of your family who were previously at the school. We look forward to seeing you join us to complete your post-16 studies and are confident that you will fulfil your potential whilst under our care.
Mrs Jane Beacom